1 pound ground beef
1/4 cup. flour
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon dried minced onion
1/2 cup water
flat bread (pita will work)
oil (for deep-frying)
shredded Cheddar-Jack cheese
1. Mix dried onion with water in a small bowl and let sit for five minutes.
2. Combine ground beef, flour, chili powder, paprika and salt. Add
onions and water then mix. In a skillet, cook beef mixture. Stir
often while cooking to prevent large chunks from forming; it should be like a paste.
3. Remove from heat but keep warm.
4. In a deep-fryer, or a skillet, deep fry the bread for 30 seconds. Let
drain on paper towels.
5. Make Chalupas starting with meat, then sour cream, lettuce, cheese, and tomatoes in that order. Top with hot sauce or salsa, to taste.